Big news for City fans. Getting presented with the Premier League trophy will be a cause for modest celebration this weekend. Plus Gary James’s long-awaited new book, Manchester City Folklore: What Every Blue Needs to Know is now available to pre-order in a special subscribers’ offer from Conker Editions.
City Folklore is based on Gary’s popular page in the City programme. Have a click around the Conker Editions website, where you can order the book and see what else we’re up to…
Representing the fruits of six years’ research by the acclaimed Manchester football historian, City Folklore is a must-read for every fan of the club. Packed with colour images, it reveals countless new stories and insights into the mythology of Manchester City.
Manchester City Folklore reveals an incredible array of stories, true Blue moments and characters that helped shape the club. This is City’s DNA, originally researched and mapped by acclaimed historian Gary James.
Based on the popular feature in the official City programme, the book gets right to the heart of the club. Read Manchester City Folklore and you will discover:
- The latest exclusive research into the birth of the club – as told by a witness present at its formation in 1880
- How City chants started – from ‘Blue Moon’ to an anthem based on a ‘60s film
- Why Blue? The significance of City’s first colours and other kits
- The story of the Kippax
- The unique attributes of City’s great captains, comparing every major trophy-winning skipper
- Your own part in the story: records and facts demonstrating the loyalty of City’s fans
- Dozens more nuggets providing insights into City’s great history and status as a Mancunian institution stretching back to the 19th century
Gary James is the author of 16 books on Manchester football, and cares passionately about ensuring City’s story is properly recorded. Gary has been a season ticket holder since 1984, and a programme contributor since 1994.
All for the regular RRP of £15, early subscribers will see their names added to a roll of honour in the book; your copy will be signed and personally dedicated by the author, and you’ll receive it before the official publication date in August. Click here to visit the Conker Editions website.