The big new Got, Not Got book for this Xmas is imminent in the shops and already up for grabs on Amazon, where it’s available right now with MORE THAN A FIVER OFF the 17 quid RRP. History suggests this price won’t last as the book begins to sell.
The book enters slightly new territory as it’s in-between the ‘annual’ size of GNG and Lost World and the smaller club editions. It’s a progtastic whopper for Xmas morning. There’s already an ‘best-seller’ flag on the Amazon page, but it’s just a tad deceptive: number 1 with a bullet… not in ‘Football’ in both the ‘Paper Ephemera’ and ‘Antique & Collectable Books’ categories! It’s always nice to be ‘Most Wished For’, though but.
So what’s all the fuss about?
- All the top English and Scottish clubs’ most iconic programme covers.
- Travel in time through the medium of the prog – insane fonts, unbelievable cover stars and negligible action shots that will whisk you back to childhood.
- The good, the bad and the ugly – from landmarks in graphic art to clipart and the dreaded rise of Desktop Publishing.
- Psychedelic progs, newspaper progs, sexy progs, collectable progs, prog product placement, prog rock, and much more…
- Including Cov’s unforgettable ‘Girl of the Match’!
Fully Programmed “enables football fans of a certain vintage to look back fondly on the football programme’s ‘Golden Era’ of the 1960s-1990s,” it says here. “This beautiful, hilarious, evocative book is a must-have for football collectors and nostalgics – and for any fan who remembers mud, mavericks and men in white coats standing on street corners.”
Yours for £16.99. Nah, £11.89 … at least before Amazon notice and change it.